University of Nottingham Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship – Our flagship Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship was founded in 2001. This scholarship programme is for international students who want to make a difference to the development of their home country.
Some of our previous scholars have written about their experience on our International Student Life blog.
We’re offering 105 scholarships covering 50% or 100% of full-time masters tuition fees. These are available for high-achieving international students who live in Africa, India or selected Commonwealth countries.
Africa (all nations), Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Falkland Islands, Fiji, Gibraltar, Grenada, Guyana, India, Jamaica, Kiribati, Malaysia, Maldives, Montserrat, Nauru, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Pitcairn Islands, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, St Helena, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tristan da Cunha, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
To apply for this scholarship, you must:
- be domiciled in Africa, India or one of the selected Commonwealth countries listed below
- be classed as an overseas student for fee purposes
- hold an offer to start a full-time masters (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham UK in September or October 2022, studying in the Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Faculty of Science or Faculty of Social Sciences
As well as the Developing Solutions Masters Scholarship, you can apply for one of our regional Postgraduate Excellence Awards. You can be considered for multiple international scholarships but you will only be awarded one.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- are a current student or graduate of the University of Nottingham
- have already studied outside of your home country
- are currently studying in the UK
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run between September 2020 and September 2021 for the September set and;
- January 2021 to January 2022 for the January set.
- The scholarship will provide a full tuition fee waiver for the year, plus a stipend of £8,000 which will be paid over 12 months.
- Applicants who can evidence their refugee status will be considered a priority group, however the University may extend the invite to apply to further applicants.
In your application, you will be asked about your achievements, study plans and reasons for choosing to study with us. You should also evidence how studying at the University of Nottingham will help you contribute to the development of your home country.
Make sure you have enough time to prepare strong answers. We will assess your responses and academic merit when making scholarship decisions.
You do not need to respond to your offer before submitting your application for this scholarship, however awards will only be made to students who accept their offer to study with us.
We will assess all scholarship applications before making any awards. You may be offered a scholarship of either 50% or 100% of tuition fees. We will contact you in early July 2022 to confirm the outcome of your application.
If you are awarded this scholarship, it will be deducted from the tuition fees charged to you as a student at the University of Nottingham. We will not pay tuition fee scholarships to you directly.
This award cannot be combined with another University of Nottingham regional scholarship or an International Sporting Excellence Award.
However, you may be able to receive an additional subject scholarship from your academic school, sports scholarship package, or external scholarship from your country, where the combined total does not exceed 100% of tuition fees. This could include, for example, an award from Nottingham University Business School and/or the government or another funding body in your country.
Method of Application
You must apply for and receive an offer to study a full-time masters (including MRes) at the University of Nottingham before applying for this scholarship. Search for courses and find out how to apply.
When you have received your offer to study with us, you can apply through the scholarships section of our application system, MyNottingham.
If you have an offer for an MRes course, email the scholarships team on scholarship-a[email protected] for instructions on how to apply.
Deadline: May 20, 2022
Originally posted 2022-01-05 10:21:08. Republished by Blog Post Promoter